M-Audio BX5a capacitor replacement

Well my studio monitors started going splat crack instead of boom boom. Now normally the first thought is that means that a driver is blown, but really all it needed was two new capacitors to make it good as new.

I opened the speaker up by removing the front and back panel, and once I got in there is was obvious that the two main capacitors for the power supply were bulgy. Now I prefer my capacitor juice to remain on the inside so I went ahead and replaced them both with new 6800uf capacitors. The originals were 25 volt but since I had 35’s on hand that is what I used.

Then I could close everything back up and these speakers are ready for more action.

Really not to complicated if you know what you are doing. For more information, check out the accompanying video:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Website Built with WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: